6 - 12年级北极学院课程
What is Arctic Academy & Beyond?
- Arctic Academy & Beyond is designed to allow students to continue to learn while at home when there is an unscheduled school cancellation.
- Not every unscheduled school cancellation will be used as an Arctic Academy & Beyond day. Only days in which it is not possible for students to attend, but deemed safe enough for staff to report will be utilized as an Arctic Academy & Beyond day.
- On an Arctic Academy & Beyond day, students in grades 6-12 will complete assignments designed by 莫农加利亚 County educators that have been preloaded to their student Chromebooks. These assignments do not require internet for completion.
How will I know if it is an Arctic Academy & Beyond day?
- A School Messenger call will indicate that the day will be used for Arctic Academy & Beyond.
- The county webpage will also indicate that the day will be used for Arctic Academy & Beyond.
What are students in grades 6-12 expected to do on an Arctic Academy & beyond day?
- Teachers have provided assignments requiring students to apply skills that they have already learned (no new material will be taught on an Arctic Academy & Beyond day).
- Students are expected to turn in all work following an Arctic Academy & Beyond day. Any assignments turned in after 5 days will be marked as missing.
Please note: teachers have shared five days of lessons. Students only need to do one lesson per class on each Arctic Academy & Beyond day. (For example: on the first Arctic Academy & Beyond day, students should complete Lesson 1 for each class. On the second Arctic Academy & Beyond day, students should complete Lesson 2 for each class, and so on.)
How will students access their Arctic Academy & Beyond activities?
- During the school day, students in grades 6-12 will be encouraged to download Arctic Academy & Beyond lessons to an offline folder on their school-issued Chromebook.
- Prior to being downloaded, Arctic Academy & Beyond lessons will be distributed through Engrade and/or Google Classroom. Each teacher will select the method of distribution that works best for him/her. For more information, regarding a specific school or class, please visit the school’s webpage and/or the class Engrade page.
- Students will be prompted to download Arctic Academy & Beyond activities to an offline folder on their Chromebook for each class during the school day.
- 有关访问材料下线的更多信息，请访问 没有Wi-Fi，没问题！ 信息片。
- 学生上网可以从任何设备通过Chrome浏览器访问他们的谷歌文件。学生可以登录到他们的谷歌帐户的Chrome浏览器（后跟@ boe.mono.k12.wv.us学号）和他们的谷歌密码。登录后，学生可以浏览到Google云端硬盘（drive.google.com）来访问所有文件，包括其保存的北极学院分配。
What if a student needs help completing their Arctic Academy & Beyond assignments?
- On an Arctic Academy & Beyond day, teachers will report to school and will respond to emails, Engrade messages, or Google Classroom requests to provide support for students during school hours.
- If a student does not have internet access on an Arctic Academy & Beyond day, he/she may call the school to request assistance from a teacher. Due to the limited number of phone lines into each building, only students unable to contact teachers through email, Engrade, or Google Classroom should utilize this method of contact.
How will students’ attendance be affected by an Arctic Academy & Beyond day?
- 勤 will be based upon the completion of Arctic Academy & Beyond assignments. 莫农加利亚县学校 recognizes the importance of the home and school connection and strongly encourages parents to become aware of and support Arctic Academy & Beyond curriculum. This support is an essential ingredient of a student’s success.